Curse of strahd reddit mandymod
Jul 17, 2017 · Checked the exhaust - there are some holes in it, it drips some water after cold starts but doesn't look too bad. Shortly afterwards I got both of those codes back (p0011 and p0420). Possible causes of p0011 according to FSM: camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor, IVT solenoids, engine coolant sensor or vehicle speed sensor. Hey everyone, I'm hoping the brain trust can shed some light on what might be the issue with my Uly. I've got a 2008 XB12X with just over 100,000km on the clock. She's been 100% reliable over all these years, never left me stranded. This speed is then used by the car's internal computer for proper fuel injection and ignition. There are actually two parts to the sensor: a disc that rotates and the sensor which remains in place. ... Only one of the cylinders needs to misfire to cause a problem. Many times misfiring is due to issues with the spark plug, but if the sensor ...See full list on autoservicecosts.com Jan 13, 2020 · For a misfire, typically the route taken is spark plugs and spark plugs wire replacement first, since it’s easiest and cheapest, then the coil if that doesn’t do it. If the new coil doesn’t rectify the issue, then further diagnostic testing is required as misfires can have multiple causes. I bought this 2000 4.6 HSE about a year ago. It already had green coolant and ran great. It wouldn't overheat if you wanted it to. 130K or so and I am pretty sure it has the original headgaskets. I did some brake and steering work to get it on the road, but life went by and it sat for about 6... Otherwise, you will notice the cylinder misfire while your engine is idling. But when you're driving at faster speeds, the symptoms of the misfire will go away. The reason there may be an imbalance could be due to a bad fuel pump, clogged fuel filter, or a bad air flow sensor. 2) Ignition System IssuesA bad coolant sensor that prevents the engine control system from going into closed loop can also make the fuel mixture run rich, and possibly rich enough to foul out the spark plugs. A much more common cause of fuel-related misfires on fuel injected engines is too much air and not enough fuel (lean misfire).
Fallout 4 hud framework
There are a variety of possible causes for a no start, but one of the most common with the 3800 engine is a bad crankshaft position (CKP) sensor or a bad ignition control module (ICM). The crank sensor contains two hall effect sensors that sends two signals to the engine computer. Jul 13, 2011 · The most common cause of this missing fuel, is a bad fuel injector (and fuel injectors can easily be tested). Engine Mechanical Condition: One of the most overlooked causes of a misfire is a worn out engine cylinder.
- Check engine light is on...says misfire. replaced o2 sensor a few days ago and still have problem. at about 3200-3800 rpm unless you have your foot in the gas the car jerks bad then pushes through it. Its very random sometimes it does it in all gears sometimes just 3rd and sometimes not at all.
- Jun 08, 2015 · I fixed that, and the wires appear to be fine. I've sprayed throttle cleaner around the intake and can't find a leak. I scanned the ODB codes and I'm getting a Random misfire, misfire on cylinders 1, 2, 3, and 4, the Throttle Position Sensor and the MAP sensor, both of which have been replaced.
- Feb 15, 2019 · Erratic starting is one of the most serious symptoms of a bad crankshaft sensor. The problem can escalate quickly without any further warning, leaving you with a vehicle that won’t start at all. Other issues that can cause the same symptoms to include circuit problems and loose electrical connections. Cylinder Misfiring
- P0154 O2 Sensor Upstream catalyst bank 2 (This has been a consistent problem. Engine light on constantly but was told it wasn’t a big problem) P1000 (75) Catalyst Damaging misfire multiple cylinders P1000 (70) Misfire Cylinder 8 With Cylinder Cutoff P1000 Catalyst damaging misfire cylinder 8 P1000 (35) O2 Adaptive mixture correction TRA bank 2
- This sudden increase in pressure and temperature causes the distinctive diesel 'knock' or 'clatter', some of which must be allowed for in the engine design. Careful design of the injector pump, fuel injector, combustion chamber, piston crown and cylinder head can reduce knocking greatly, and modern engines using electronic common rail injection ...
- Wheel Speed Sensor - Repair or Replace A bad wheel speed sensor can cause and ABS or traction control warning light as well as causing some speedometer issues. Our technicians can diagnose the problem in your 2014 Volkswagen Jetta to see if a wheel speed sensor will fix it.
- Jan 28, 2020 · Bad spark plug wires are a common cause of misfire codes. After 50,000 or so miles, the (OEM) wires may be leaking current to ground or other wires; shorting the spark before it can reach the plug. Check resistance and if it exceeds specifications, replace the wire set.
- Aug 09, 2018 · A cylinder misfire can happen for various reasons, and when it happens, it generally causes the car to run rough, jerk or buck. With every spark plug electronically timed to fire at an exact instant to deliver the engine’s specified output, one slight change can cause this so-called “misfire.” This can cause the MIL to illuminate and set Code P1507. Keep in mind that the problem can be intermittent and it may be necessary to pin test the connection and to shift into and out of Neutral many times before the switch shows any problems.
- I have a 2002 Buick Regal and the service vehicle soon, anti-lock and TRAC lights are all lit up. Will a bad throttle position sensor cause this problem?. ProTech: A bad throttle position sensor can cause the service vehicle soon light to come on, but it will NOT set the anti-lock light or traction light on. Could be a crank shaft sensor or cam shaft sensor Causing the coils to misfire I am actually experiencing the same problems.. The 2012 is a V6 and only has 3 coils each coils fires 2 cylinders so if one goes down you lose 2 cylinders of power which will make the engine bog down or not run right..check your sensor a $35 repair is better than ... Oct 16, 2019 · From a loose fuel cap to a cylinder misfire, there are several reasons why the check engine light may turn on. By determining the proper Wrangler engine code, you can get a clear idea of the root of the problem so you can find a solution.
- Common Causes of P0335. The check engine light often accompanies P0335. However, figuring out the cause is not always the easiest thing to do because there are numerous possibilities. For example, your car could have a damaged crankshaft sensor. Another possibility is a failed Powertrain control module. New engine speed sensor (G28) to resolve code 16706 Engine Speed Sensor (G28): No Signal I'd appreciate any ideas on what might be causing the misfire codes. Replacing the coil packs, spark plugs and fuel filter did nothing to alleviate the problem. Technician A says that a defective crankshaft position sensor can cause a no-spark condition. ... correctly can cause a misfire and rough idle. ... a bad pickup coil ...
- Aug 18, 2016 · A bad TPS sensor can cause misfires upon heavy acceleration, but there will usually be hesitation along with it. A bad O2 sensor may cause the PCM to believe the cylinders are running lean, and cause it to run the cylinders rich, but usually not misfire unless there is a another problem present. An exhaust leak will do the same.
- The ECT sensor is located on the right hand side of engine on a water coolant housing (out of sight on photo above). It is possible that a faulty ECT sensor may cause other problems, including incorrect fuel mixture causing engine starting difficulty. 6. Knocking noise in front suspension - anti roll bar (ARB) mountings
Home breakout games
The camshaft position sensor detects the speed of the well....the camshaft. The ECU uses this data to adjust the timing, timing of spark, and fuel injection. Having a bad CPS sensor can trigger misfire codes on one side of the engine. This guide applies to all makes and models that utilize a V engine, such as V6, V8, V10, V12.Nov 05, 2011 · Sometimes misfire is dependent on load, and that is a great symptom because it almost always means the ignition is bad on one cylinder. It feels like there is a switch on the accelerator - when you press just so much on level road (more sensitive on uphill, less on downhill) it suddenly starts misfiring and stops instantly if you let up. See full list on dannysengineportal.com Jun 29, 2010 · Sensor and hood latch After last engine software upgrade, I can run at high speed on highway for a while, then come off the expressway and Hybrid engine dies instead of just going to 'idle' stop. Mechanic was unable to recreate the problem but it has happened to me at least 6 : 19000 mi: Campaign notification on 2 problems. The crank sensor detects engine speed, and an rpm value is established for each cylinder for comparison. When a sufficient difference in rpm occurs among cylinders, a misfire count is recorded. The rpm varies slightly because of different input variables. Two types of misfires can be detected.
Bad spark plug wires are a common cause of misfire codes. After 50,000 or so miles, the (OEM) wires may be leaking current to ground or other wires; shorting the spark before it can reach the plug. Check resistance and if it exceeds specifications, replace the wire set.Answer: If the faulty cam sensor has a bad effect on ignition timing (at least in some models), it can lead to a misfire; enough raw fuel will cause the catalytic to get red hot. Question: Would a bad camshaft sensor cause only one cylinder to misfire?
Twilight x demigod reader
Aug 28, 2018 · Those numbers can vary somewhat, so check your owner’s manual for the correct range for your vehicle. If either reading is outside the allowed parameters, then you’ve most likely identified the source of your engine misfire. Identifying and replacing the part causing your engine to misfire will quickly rid your car of the shakes. This article will take you through symptoms of a bad transmission speed sensor. Things to look out for include harsh shifting, inoperable cruise control and a check engine light.
Ue4 percentage chance
Hey, folks. Why this has never been posted here I'm not sure (probably that lazy former mod), but here's a series of posts (to get around forum limits) of Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Trouble Codes for MY 1996+. I've also attached a pdf of the full list to this first post. So get your HF code... Oct 19, 2020 · From 2016 to now I am having errors on the dash with abs and traction control...10 wheel speed sensors were changed so far within this date and I still have problems. When I go to the mechanic and they diagnose it with the obd scanner, they say I have to replace it and due to vw cars...it does fail more often than any car. It drives better with no problems or erratic shifting when the problem ... Nov 05, 2013 · I can only imagine what the cold cylinder pressures are on a cold winter morning. My gut is telling me that they are in the minimum spec range of 125-130 psi. On cylinder 10, I was seeing misfire counts in the 100s when the car was first started in the morning. After the car was up to running temperature, the misfires would drop into the 10s. Sometimes a bad engine speed sensor (crank position sensor) will cause misfire codes. 2011 R8 5.2 R-tronic White / carbon blades, polished wheels, enhanced leather, lighted sills, sport wheel, white gauges, Michelin PSS's, Exhaust valve mod Oct 03, 2020 · Bad MAF Sensor/IAT Sensor A poor MAF (mass airflow sensor) will cause the engine to run too rich or too lean, causing rough idling or misfiring. If you want to learn more about how to diagnose a MAF sensor , take a look at this: MAF Sensor symptoms A faulty crankshaft sensor or cam sensor can cause a misfire. A mass air-flow sensor can cause a miss by transmitting a false signal to the computer, causing the computer to create a lean or rich mixture. An oxygen sensor can do the same thing. The computer itself can cause a misfire, although not as common, through a malfunction or a bad main ...P0301 Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected. ... P0716 Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Range/Performance. P0717 Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit No Signal. Oct 19, 2020 · From 2016 to now I am having errors on the dash with abs and traction control...10 wheel speed sensors were changed so far within this date and I still have problems. When I go to the mechanic and they diagnose it with the obd scanner, they say I have to replace it and due to vw cars...it does fail more often than any car. It drives better with no problems or erratic shifting when the problem ... Along with the misfire codes I got the VTM4 code as you did. My mechanic said that it’s common for that to happen with the misfire codes. I can’t remember exactly why he said that was case, but he assured me nothing was wrong with the VTM4. I bought the ignition coils from Acura dealer for about $70 each. Dec 14, 2016 · If the computer receives bad information, it is going to do bad things. This usually results in poor fuel economy and performance issues. On a final note, oxygen sensors will not function until they reach a temperature of 500 degrees or more. Exhaust leaks can cause these oxygen sensors to not come up to this temperature.
Honeycomb brioche knit stitch
Jun 18, 2014 · The Ignition System is responsible for the production and delivery of Spark. The Ignition System is usually the culprit behind most misfires. The usual suspects (that cause a Misfire) are: BAD ignition coil (remember, each coil firs spark to 2 cylinders). BAD ignition coil cover. BAD spark plugs. Carbon tracks on the spark plug and spark plug boot. Jan 05, 2011 · A code indicating a bad O2 sensor usually means the sensor itself is bad (but not always), but a bad O2 sensor can cause codes that don’t specifically indicate O2 sensor itself. Greg Biggs My 2005 Buick LaCrosse runs smooth. Can a clogged catalytic converter cause a misfire. Back to answering the question “Can a clogged catalytic converter cause a misfire” well yes is the answer, but is not always the factors of the case that could cause a misfire. So here is a clogged catalytic converter can cause a misfire. P1721 - CAN Engine Speed P1727 - Engine Speed Signal Plausibility P173B - CAN Engine Coolant Temperature Invalid P1772 - Turbine Speed and Engine Speed in Transmission Range D Correlation P1774 - CAN Wheel Speed Rear Left Wheel, No Signal P1775 - CAN Wheel Speed Rear Right Wheel, No Signal P1776 - CAN Wheel Speed Front Left Wheel, No Signal The IAT sensor can be damaged by backfiring of the engine. The sensor can also show faulty readings due to accumulation of oil and carbon, wear and tear over time, and a poor connection after servicing the air filtering unit.
Hp dx7400 audio drivers for windows 7 32 bit
The throttle position sensor, TPS for short, is a sensor that is used in an internal combustion engine. These can be fuel injected engines or carbureted engines. The TPS is used to monitor the position of the throttle butterfly valve. On the 3.0L OHV (Vulcan) engine, a bad camshaft synchronizer (AKA cam syncro, syncro shaft, cam sensor) can also cause misfires. This type of misfire is distinguished because it only will occur at higher engine speeds (above 3000 RPM) and will result in a "bucking or jerking" feeling under acceleration. Sometimes, I can't see the crank or cam sensor signal. 1398: I can see the Crank Sensor's signal when I prepare for Misfire Diagnostics. Try replacing it. 1399: Problem in the Wait to Start Lamp circuit - (diesels only?) 1403: EGR position sensor not getting (enough) voltage. 1476: Too little secondary air injection during aspirator test. 1477 A bad coolant sensor that prevents the engine control system from going into closed loop can also make the fuel mixture run rich, and possibly rich enough to foul out the spark plugs. A much more common cause of fuel-related misfires on fuel injected engines is too much air and not enough fuel (lean misfire). Dec 09, 2020 · However, some conditions, such as low fuel pressure or engine vacuum leaks can cause random misfires without the feedback signal from injectors and/or sparkplugs necessarily being affected, but in these cases, the underlying cause of the misfires will be indicated by dedicated fuel system and other codes that will be stored alongside P0300. Transmission DTC repairs can range from $1500 to $3000, although some types may be cheaper (e.g., a transmission speed sensor problem). A waiver may be issued if the diagnosis shows the extent and cost of repair to be unreasonable. Contact your DPS Waiver Station to set up an appointment.
Module 6 test answers
New engine speed sensor (G28) to resolve code 16706 Engine Speed Sensor (G28): No Signal I'd appreciate any ideas on what might be causing the misfire codes. Replacing the coil packs, spark plugs and fuel filter did nothing to alleviate the problem. I know there are a large variety of problems that could cause a cylinder misfire, however the condition of the new spark plug leads me to believe it is an ignition problem. I replaced the ignition coil, checked all the spark plug wires for continuity between the coil and the plug, and replaced the corroded plug, yet I still get the P0302 code ... P0500 Vehicle Speed Sensor fault. P0501 Vehicle Speed Sensor fault. P0503 Poor Vehicle Speed Sensor Performance. P0505 Idle Air Control Valve System fault. P0552 Power Steering Pressure Sensor Shorted to Power. P0553 Power Steering Pressure Sensor Shorted to Power. P0602 Replace PCM. P0603 PCM has Experienced Power Interrupt. See full list on autoservicecosts.com
Ansible trim function
Jun 17, 2015 · A few weeks ago I had a problem with the car misfiring on start up and not ticking over smoothly, the engine light came on and I checked the codes it through up P1349 & P1342, I checked these out and it was a misfire on cylinder 1 & 4, so basically I changed all the spak plugs and the coils on these two cylinders, deleted the codes and the car ... Hi Guys, I am new to the site and am finding it brilliant ! I have a serious misfire on my Leon TFSi Sport (18 months old). I had an APR remap after 4 months (producing 260 BHP approx) and it has been fantastic for 12 months. Now I have had a series of severe misfires / engine stalling at... Jun 08, 2015 · I fixed that, and the wires appear to be fine. I've sprayed throttle cleaner around the intake and can't find a leak. I scanned the ODB codes and I'm getting a Random misfire, misfire on cylinders 1, 2, 3, and 4, the Throttle Position Sensor and the MAP sensor, both of which have been replaced. Timm’s BMW E38 - THE 10 MOST COMMON PROBLEMS The E38 is an excellent car, but even the flagship of the BMW range has a few weak spots. From my own experience, that of The 7 Series Register and the percentage hits on this website a definitive list can be made. Sometimes a bad engine speed sensor (crank position sensor) will cause misfire codes. 2011 R8 5.2 R-tronic White / carbon blades, polished wheels, enhanced leather, lighted sills, sport wheel, white gauges, Michelin PSS's, Exhaust valve mod Possibly a bad crank sensor. Very common on this engine. Hi, my 3.8 series 2 Holden misfires under acceleration in top gear. I've changed the plugs, wires, and coils. Initially all ok but is now starting to misbehave again. Could this be the DFI? I wondered if the TP sensor? Could be a transmission problem. They can act like an engine misfire. A misfire code is set when the computer detects a situation where there is an unexpected change in crankshaft speed. With most engines, the crank sensor is the key component in determining a misfire. The PCM calculates the time between the edges of the crank reluctor wheel teeth by receiving a signal from the CKP sensor. To make a long story short, $2,200 later and with a replaced crank sensor, new knock sensors, a tune up, new wires to the crank sensor to eliminate bad wiring faults, etc, it was still not fixed. I’ve been trying to work on my diagnostics skills, so my tech took it on for me to have a challenge to work on.
Hino 268 fuse box location
Transmission DTC repairs can range from $1500 to $3000, although some types may be cheaper (e.g., a transmission speed sensor problem). A waiver may be issued if the diagnosis shows the extent and cost of repair to be unreasonable. Contact your DPS Waiver Station to set up an appointment. Ch. A LH Crankshaft sensor; Ch. B RH Crankshaft sensor; As you can see the trace is a lot cleaner now we have the new sensor in place and what was also noticeable was that the misfire was nowhere near as bad. The smoke and the smell of unburnt fuel were also not present anymore, nor was the sound of diesel knock. A faulty MAP sensor can cause some fuel delivery problems and not turn on the SES light. Does your misfire happen at idle or while driving? If it happens at idle, you can remove 1 plug wire at a time to identify the effected cylinder. Many things can cause a misfire, low compression, secondary ignition, fuel delivery A No Start / Intermittent Start condition – Can be caused by a faulty crankshaft position sensor due to loose connections, bad grounds, high resistance in the circuit, or opens in the circuit. Engine Misfire Diagnostic Trouble Codes NOTE: Engine Mechanical conditions can also create the same or similar symptoms. Dec 10, 2015 · P0301 Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected ... P0716 Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Range/Performance P0717 Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit No Signal Bad spark plug wires are a common cause of misfire codes. After 50,000 or so miles, the OEM wires may be leaking current to ground or other wires, shorting the spark before it can reach the plug. Also, internal resistance may be increased raising the required firing voltage to the point where the engine may misfire under load.Bad spark plug wires are a common cause of misfire codes. After 50,000 or so miles, the OEM wires may be leaking current to ground or other wires, shorting the spark before it can reach the plug. Also, internal resistance may be increased raising the required firing voltage to the point where the engine may misfire under load.
Us 100 ultrasonic sonar datasheet 7404
1. turn key to lights on position 2. use mode button and scroll to engine hour (EH) on gauge 3. press and HOLD the mode button while quickly toggling between high and low beam ( min 3 toggles in 2 seconds) 4. If there is any P-CODES they will be displayed OBDII Codes Part 1 P0001 Fuel Volume... Lots of correct answers, here. Make model and year of car would be helpful as system logic can be a factor. Single cylinder misfire can cause an oxygen sensor code, due to excess oxygen being present in the exhaust manifold, and adding fuel does n... Timm’s BMW E38 - THE 10 MOST COMMON PROBLEMS The E38 is an excellent car, but even the flagship of the BMW range has a few weak spots. From my own experience, that of The 7 Series Register and the percentage hits on this website a definitive list can be made. Engine speed 500 rpm, All emission related logic chain functions already were checked during previous trips. The stored DTC's can be read at the data link connector (X11/4) using the HHT only, with the ignition switched " ON " or with the "engine running". Lots of correct answers, here. Make model and year of car would be helpful as system logic can be a factor. Single cylinder misfire can cause an oxygen sensor code, due to excess oxygen being present in the exhaust manifold, and adding fuel does n... This can be useful for identifying engine stalls, misfires or other undesired behaviors during a race. The data logger usually has a capacity between 0.5 and 16 megabytes . In order to communicate with the driver, a race ECU can often be connected to a "data stack", which is a simple dashboard presenting the driver with the current RPM, speed ...
Magic training rs3
Severe miss could cause it or a crank sensor could cause the misfire. You still have other things like injectors, fuel system, and compression that needs to be checked. A real diagnosis may require good testing. Aug 30, 2011 · ok so i have a 2005 mustang gt. about 2 months ago i poped a check engine light. 2 codes came up, one was for cam position sensor bank 1 and the other was cam position sensor circuit intermittent bank 1. ive already replaced both of the freakin sensors (ran me abou $26 a pop) and the codes still... Well im having the same problem with my 07nnbs sierra just started doing the same thing last saturday but im getting a p0307 misfire and service stabilitrak-traction control i already did plugs and wires also swap coils from #5 to #7 still acting the same.
Glacial pure customer service number
These operations are affected when a bad throttle position sensor feeds erroneous data to the car’s computer. Because of this, the following can occur: 1. Difficulty while changing gears. 2. The fuel economy of the car drops drastically. 3. Causes difficulty in setting base ignition timing of the car. Often blamed on other engine components, an idle that is rough can be caused by sensor malfunction. This malfunction can take the form of a damaged or sluggish sensor, or a broken sensor heater element. It is impossible under such conditions for the ECU to provide accurate fuelling, hence the roughness of idle.
Raven system homekit
On the 3.0L OHV (Vulcan) engine, a bad camshaft synchronizer (AKA cam syncro, syncro shaft, cam sensor) can also cause misfires. This type of misfire is distinguished because it only will occur at higher engine speeds (above 3000 RPM) and will result in a "bucking or jerking" feeling under acceleration. I am getting since last october (a year ago) P0300 and just in the last few months U0100. I have put in a new battery, new neg. batt. cable, new coil pack, new intake manifold (cause of STUPID CHECK VALVE FAILURE/MISSING), new spark plugs (irridium/oem type not coppers gapped at .28 IIRC) New... These operations are affected when a bad throttle position sensor feeds erroneous data to the car’s computer. Because of this, the following can occur: 1. Difficulty while changing gears. 2. The fuel economy of the car drops drastically. 3. Causes difficulty in setting base ignition timing of the car. If your crankshaft sensor is failing, then it is unable to provide your vehicle's computer with correct piston position information. This causes one of the cylinders to misfire.Slow or uneven acceleration can result from a lack of accuracy and make it difficult to maintain a constant speed. 5. Engine Misfires or Vibrates. Should you feel or hear a brief stutter in the engine, it may be a sign of misfiring cylinders from a bad crankshaft position sensor.
Uninstall mcafee agent 5.5.1
Will a bad O2 sensor cause a misfire that’s lean or constant? Yes. It can cause both. But, what’s the difference? With a lean misfire, you notice your engine misfires, but only some of the time. And, it seems that you only notice the misfire when the car is idling. As you increase speed, the misfire disappears. P0501-vehicle Speed Sensor 1 Performance P0503-vehicle Speed Sensor 1 Erratic P0506-idle Speed Performance Lower Than Expected P0507-idle Speed Performance Higher Than Expected P050b-cold Start Ignition Timing Performance P050d-cold Start Rough Idle P0513-invalid Skim Key P0522-engine Oil Pressure Too Low P0532-a/c Pressure Sensor Circuit Low A restriction of only 8% to 10% in a single fuel injector can lean out the fuel mixture and cause a misfire. When this occurs, unburned oxygen enters the exhaust and makes the O2 sensor read lean. On older multiport systems that fire the injectors simultaneously, the computer compensates by increasing the “on” time of all the injectors ... 13. Faulty front O2 sensor Replace with new 14. Damaged crank timing gear 15. Misfires all cyclinders: Coil pack connectors mixed up (correct way:black to back,white to front),light weight flywheel,bad/unplugged crank or cam sensor,incorrect gapped plugs,cam timing off,bad front O2 sensor,poor grounding,fueling issue (fuel pump,fuel pump ... CTS – Coolant Temp Sensor – This part is prone to failure. 2002 and older vehicles had a bad coolant temp sensor from the factory that VW updated. It was a black sensor, and now the good one is referred to as a green top coolant temp sensor. Block 011 in the VAG COM can monitor coolant temp for erratic readings. This is a 7$ part.